CRNA - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Provide safe quality age appropriate anesthesia using established guidelines of clinical privileges approved by the Chairman of the Anesthesia Department. Administration of anesthesia and monitoring patients during surgeries and other medical procedures. Provides and documents pre and post anesthetic evaluations. Obtains informed consent for anesthesia. Provides induction, maintenance, emergence and post anesthesia care. Consultation on airway management, participation in codes at the direction of a supervising anesthesiologist. Supportive assistance to residents and medical students on anesthesia rotations.
- Provide competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards including but not limited to:
- Provide safe quality age appropriate anesthesia using established guidelines of clinical privileges approved by the Chairman of the Anesthesia Department.
- Administration of anesthesia and monitoring patients during surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Provides and documents pre and post anesthetic evaluations.
- Obtains informed consent for anesthesia.
- Provides induction, maintenance, emergence and post anesthesia care.
- Consultation on airway management, participation in codes at the direction of a supervising anesthesiologist.
- Provide supportive assistance to residents and medical students on anesthesia rotations.
- Report and be accountable to the nurse manager/director/clinical leader, while coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nurses and other members of the healthcare team, including students.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence and best practices into nursing care.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia education program, accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology (AANA) Council of Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Successfully passed the national certifying examination within one year of completion of required didactic and clinical requirements
- Active RN and APRN license in State of Oklahoma with prescriptive authority
- PALS and/or ACLS certified.
- NBCRNA certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in all areas of professional practice. Demonstrates highly developed clinical assessment and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles relative to the patient’s age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other medical staff, peers and subordinates.
- Keen cultural awareness including preventing and addressing horizontal violence and impairment.
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of required job information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of policies and protocols at a department and campus/system level.
- Reliable transportation as must be able to travel throughout and between facilities.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (e.g. 24/7, weekend, holiday, on call availability).
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.